Missouri State Tax
Missouri Income Tax
1. How much income tax do I pay in Missouri?
Missouri income tax rates depend on the taxpayer’s adjusted gross income. The marginal income tax rates are spread on 10 tax brackets ranging from 1.5 to 6 percent.
Corporate gross incomes are taxed 6.25% on all income levels.
2. Who are required to file state income tax returns in Missouri?
Anyone required to file federal income tax returns must also file state income tax returns in Missouri if he is a resident with over $1200 adjusted gross income; or if he is a non-resident who earned at least $600 from the state.
3. How do I file individual income tax return in Missouri?
There are various options for filing state income tax in Missouri. Personal tax return forms (MO-1040, MO-1040A, and MO-1040P) are available for download. Fill out the right form and mail it to the Missouri Department of Revenue. You may also file electronically and through using a barcode.
4. What are the payment options for Missouri state income tax?
Taxpayers may pay their tax through money or check order, credit cards, and electronic check.
5. When is the deadline for filing income tax returns?
Individual income tax returns must be filed on or before April 15 of each year. However, the deadline may be moved to the next working day if the 15th falls on weekends or a holiday.
6. What if I fail to file tax returns on time?
The Missouri Department of Revenue grants state filing extensions as long as the taxpayer has a federal tax return filing extension.